"Belonging" is a 12-week dvd series featuring Ed Khouri and Dr. Jim Wilder. Belonging is the joy we create around us. After watching the each lesson, there will be group discussion and activities.
We all experience negative emotions (sadness, fear, anger, despair, disgust, and shame), and this course will help you navigate from negative emotions back to joy and peace. It also shows how connecting with God and others is a way we can experience and share joy in a life-giving way. If you tend to get stuck in a negative emotion, have difficulty reading or connecting with other people, or tend to have people react to you in ways you didn't intend, then this class is for you!
Here are some of the skills taught during the class:
1. Build appreciation.
2. Quiet yourself from anger and fear.
3. Learn when to stop so they don’t overwhelm others.
4. Recognize and stop cravings (and who doesn’t get cravings?)
5. Hear God more clearly.
6. Validate and comfort themselves.
7. Use the fast “Shalom my body, soul and heart” steps.
8. Test yourself for good relational brain circuit functions.
9. Identify your belonging style.
10. Express belonging in church and make church a more belonging friendly place.
11. Amplify relationships instead of negative emotions.
The cost is $25 for a workbook. You may share a workbook with your spouse or purchase two (see pull-down menu). Registration is free if you already have a workbook--indicate that in the payment pull-down menu.
Childcare is available if needed (please note on the form below).